Organ Donation Transplant Ireland (ODTI) Ph 01-8788388
Organ Donation and Transplant Ireland (ODTI) was established to provide governance, integration and leadership for Organ Donation and Transplantation in Ireland.
The Office is dedicated to saving and improving lives by improving organ donation rates in Ireland.
The ODTI office is responsible for
- Delivery of the National Organ Procurement Service for Ireland
- Provide the strategic framework for Organ Donation and Transplantation.
- Ensure best use of resources and the best possible outcomes.
- Compliance with and implementation of assigned functions in the Directive on standards of quality and safety of human organs intended for transplantation (Directive 2010/53/EC) and Statutory Instrument (S.I) No. 325 of 2012, i.e. ensure that;
- A framework for quality and safety is established to cover all stages of organ donation and transplant of organs.
- Reporting systems are in place for adverse events related to the quality and safety of organs for organ donation and transplantation.
- Data collection for publication annually in relation to organ donation and transplantation activities.
- Appropriate organ exchange agreements and arrangements are in place between member states.
- Living donor register is kept in accordance with data protection legislation.
Services in Ireland
Organ transplantation takes place in three national transplant centres. Beaumont hospital provides kidney transplantation and is the national centre for living kidney organ donation. Mater hospital provides heart and lung transplantation. St Vincent's hospital provides liver and pancreas transplantation. Children are referred to the UK for heart, lung and liver transplants.
ODTI provides the National Organ Procurement Service.
Specialist Organ Donation Personnel are working in hospitals throughout the country. They provide training, education, support and advice,they ensure good practices are in place and that relevant staff have the skills and training when meeting with a donor family.
For general enquiries to ODTI, please contact
Organ Donation Transplant Ireland